Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I NEED HELP! With the rent...?

I'm a grocery store clerk that was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease stage 2b on January 7th of this year. I haven't been able to work and have already collected all my vacation pay. My employer doesn't give out sick pay, and I'm waiting to hear from the state if I'll be receiving any extra help from them. Since my oncologist highly recommends that I not be around people during my nadir period, I'm not bringing any money into the house. All my work experience is checking. I keep thinking that I can find a job to do online, but I don't have the experience. My husband unfortunately makes too much money for us to get food assistance. We may lose the house that we're currently in and have to move in with my mother. We just moved out and into our own house 4 months ago. We're going to local organizations that help with rent, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any national rental help. I'm sure it's a state thing, so I'll let you know I live in Washington State. If anyone knows of any cancer or lymphoma charities that will help pay a portion of rent, please let me know. I don't want the added stress of moving on top of everything else. Much thanks Belinda L

No comments:

Post a Comment