Saturday, August 6, 2011

My mom has cervical cancer diagnosed in August 2010 at stage 2B?

She did radiation and chemo and by the time of the first follow up it has spred to lymph nodes. She recently was planning on chemo again but she was not strong enough, not eating we got a feeding tube. They did a pet scan 4 weeks ago and said only a minimal change in the tumors, today they claim she has a bowel obstruction and that the tumors spread to liver and muscle and chemo is no longer an option as well as the feeding tube either. Does cancer spread that quickly? Does anyone know? I have had bad experiences with these oncologists in the past 3 months. They were all negative trying to convince us not to pursue treatments saying my mom is tired. I know it hasn't been easy but she was still kind of into the fight. How do you know if this is negligence? And even the truth? I am not in denial I know things were not good, but it just happened so fast??!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment