Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Is a kindney stone test & a kidney failure test the same thing?

My husband has stage 4 Hodgkin's lymphoma, he has started having excruciating pains in his pelvic area in the back & about halfway up the left side of his back. We went to the ER & they checked him for kidney stones. It wasn't that. They kept asking him if he fell. He hadn't. They gave him some pain pills & sent him home, telling him to go see his oncologist the next day. The pain pills are not working. I did some research today & found some info on "acute kidney failure" some of the stuff I read matched up with what he's going through. What I'm wondering is "when they checked him for kidney stones would that also check him for kidney failure?" Please somebody help, I don't like seeing my husband in pain like this it has him in tears & he can tolerate pain pretty good. If he's crying you KNOW its bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment