Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fired By Contracting Company?

I began working for a contracting company based out of New Jersey for another company in Connecticut. I worked for the company for approximately 5 months. I had many correspondence with both the contracting company and the employer that I was actually working for as my health began to deteriorate, inquiring about a plan of action with the health issues I was dealing with. The day that I informed them that I did have a liver tumor, I was contacted approximately 4-5 hours later and asked not to return back at all. I am new to the CT area so I don't know the exact guidelines, but my oncologist, some of my co-workers that this may be against the law. Can someone please give me some guidance or point me in the right direction to find out if this is true. I am currently out of work and do not know exactly when I will be able to return to work because of the abdominal surgery recovery and the still current issues with my liver(they found 5 more lesions on my liver, oh glorious!) Trying to keep a better outlook but I can't even claim unemployment right now because I have not been cleared by the doctor to return to work. Any help will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment