Friday, August 5, 2011

Doctors and nurses I need advice about my career path.. will you help?

Definitely go the medcine route. Sure it may seem like a lot of time & years but in the end, it will be so worth it. There are people who are 50 yrs old and in med school. I'm 23 and thought about going the lpn route and going to nursing school but knew that at the end of the day I wanted to become a doctor & don't want to live regretting my decision to not pursue medicine. Enroll in college, take the prereqs, and ace the mcat. I would work as a massage therapist while in school so that you have money coming in. Also try applying for osteopathic medical schools as they cater to nontraditional students and might look favorably on your massage therapy background. It may seem like a long road ahead but those years go by fast & before you know it you'll be earning that medical degree. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment